To help plan your fundraiser, here’s the answers to some frequently asked questions.
WHY SUPPORT HOSPICE OF THE VALLEY?
Hospice of the Valley is a not-for-profit organization that depends in part on community support to offer end-of-life care and other services. Donations pay for the “extras” that Medicare and insurance plans don’t cover. Giving is a way to “pay it forward” to others.
WHAT WILL MY DONATION FUND?
Your donation will go to the area of greatest need to care for patients and families. Donations help in many ways, including:
- Charity care for patients without insurance or financial means.
- Home-based care coordination for those not ready for hospice.
- Dementia care.
- Grief support for adults and children.
- Bedside presence for patients who don’t have family caregivers or for family caregivers requesting support.
- Music, massage and aromatherapy.
- Pediatric and perinatal support for children, infants and parents.
- Pet Connections therapy visits.
I HAVE QUESTIONS OR AN EVENT IDEA, WHAT NEXT?
Please wait for approval of the event before proceeding with event promotion.
HOW DO I CONVEY EVENT PROCEEDS TO HOSPICE OF THE VALLEY?
Proceeds should be received by Hospice of the Valley within 30 days of the event.
Mail to: Hospice of the Valley
Attn: Fund Development
1510 E. Flower St.
Phoenix, AZ 85014
WILL EACH OF MY DONORS GET A RECEIPT FOR THEIR DONATION?
It is the host organizer’s responsibility to make the receipting process known to donors and event participants, and to gather full contact information for proper receipting.
If a donation is made directly to Hospice of the Valley and includes the donor’s full name and mailing address, Hospice of the Valley will mail a receipt to the donor. If you gather donations as host coordinator and send a lump sum by cash or check, and you wish each donor to receive a receipt, please provide Hospice of the Valley with the name and address of each donor, as well as the amount each individual donated.
WHERE CAN I GET MORE INFORMATION ON TAX LAWS REGULATING CHARITABLE CONTRIBUTIONS?
Please check with your tax professional or visit: IRS.gov: Charitable Contributions.
CAN HOSPICE OF THE VALLEY TALLY UP THE TOTAL RAISED?
We are happy to calculate your fundraising total at your request. Be sure that any donations sent directly to our agency note the name of the event.
CAN I USE HOSPICE OF THE VALLEY’S LOGO ON MY OWN MATERIALS?
We can provide a poster template you can use to promote your event. If you choose to create additional materials, please keep in mind the following:
- Any additional materials must be approved by Hospice of the Valley before they are used or distributed.
- The agency logo is a registered trademark and cannot be legally reproduced without permission.
HOW DO I NAME THE EVENT?
Please list the event name followed by “benefiting Hospice of the Valley” or “to benefit Hospice of the Valley” (such as, “The Smith Family Golf Tournament, benefiting Hospice of the Valley”). All promotional material must clearly state the percentage of proceeds or dollar amount that will be donated to Hospice of the Valley if less than 100%.
WHAT EVENT SUPPORT IS Hospice of the Valley ABLE TO PROVIDE?
We are happy to provide the following at your request:
- A letter stating the validity of your fundraising event and Hospice of the Valley’s tax-ID information.
- Hospice of the Valley materials, such as brochures and flyers, to explain and promote our mission.
- Donation envelopes.
- A Hospice of the Valley representative at your event.
- Limited event promotion at our discretion.
We are not able to provide monetary support, media contacts, giveaways, in-depth planning support, donor mailing lists, direct solicitation of sponsorships or donations, event promotion, insurance, or necessary licenses or permits.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact Fund Development: (602) 530-6992 or FundDevelopment@hov.org.