We care for people with Alzheimer’s and other dementias, at any stage of life. For those needing hospice care, we provide a specialized team for patient and caregivers. Round the clock care is available at Gardiner Home, the only inpatient hospice home in the valley designed exclusively to care for dementia patients.
- The hospice team includes: physician, nurse, social worker, nurse's aide, chaplain, and volunteer.
- We provide all supplies, equipment and medications.
- We come to the patient’s home, group home, assisted living facility or skilled nursing facility.
- Our inpatient units treat symptoms requiring 24/7 care.
- Care is tailored to the each family’s goals of comfort and quality of life.
- We provide breaks for caregiver relief. Patients can stay up to five days in a skilled nursing facility or hospice palliative care unit.
- Family members are supported with grief counseling after a death.
We primarily provide comfort and dignity to people living with dementia in the comfort of their own homes. But patients who need more intensive care can stay at the Valley's only inpatient hospice home located in north central Phoenix. Gardiner Home is staffed with loving caregivers and volunteers, who have special training in dementia care.
Understand changes in memory, thinking and function in individuals with dementia.
Learn about what can cause challenging behaviors, and how to deal with them.
Materials that can help you provide loving care to a loved one or family member with dementia